• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google play music help

Its stored in the cloud, not on the phone :)

Open the play music app

That one is $10 a month? That what pulls up when i click that app. Any media players that play it for free from the songs i bought from google play?
There also a music icon but it only plays music that was stored on the phone when you buy the phone. Which is Vienna Boys.

Upvote 0
It plays it for free. Its asking if you want to sign up for their unlimited song subscription service. Just read the options and say no

Thank you RxPert83, appreciate your help :). 1 more question if dont mind. There any way to put that music in the Music app, Its the purple icon that has a music note as picture and the music note is white. You can make playlist in that section so curious if can drop or put the music in there somehow? It also on the 2nd page on the phone, It has a media player button on the top. But only has Vienna Boys on it.

Upvote 0
You'd have to physically download the music to your device and store it on there for other music players to see it. The easiest way to do it is from your desktop. (Its possible within the app but I'm not sure if other music apps can read the location where it downloads it)

Also note if you have other music you already have downloaded somewhere, you can upload up to something enormous like 50,000 songs to your Google music library and they'll be available on there after that as well.

Upvote 0
You'd have to physically download the music to your device and store it on there for other music players to see it. The easiest way to do it is from your desktop. (Its possible within the app but I'm not sure if other music apps can read the location where it downloads it)

Also note if you have other music you already have downloaded somewhere, you can upload up to something enormous like 50,000 songs to your Google music library and they'll be available on there after that as well.

Awesome, i do have a few itunes songs. So i may do that. I heard you can put podcast episodes on your google phone that way as well. Switched from apple and enjoying the switch so far. Just have to continue learning the phone.

Upvote 0
Pin the music your phone. You will see the little pin next to the song on Google music. Next, download music mate from Google play and it will put the song in your phones music files. Real easy. Now you can play the song with any music player you downloaded on your phone and the music player that comes with your phone. You can also move the songs to sd card or transfer it to computer or to another phone. Beats me why hardly anyone knows about this.

Upvote 0
Awesome, i do have a few itunes songs. So i may do that. I heard you can put podcast episodes on your google phone that way as well. Switched from apple and enjoying the switch so far. Just have to continue learning the phone.

If you have iTunes songs purchased prior to 2010 they're very likely to have DRM on them. Anything more recent should be no problem.

Upvote 0
Hi All,

new to the forum read through the articles/post but coulnt find any answer to my question. Is there a way to seperate own music on my android device and music in the cloud in my directory view in phone? There problem is that now the device shows all music from all source and mixing them up.

Thanks in advance for your answers!

Andras

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones