Google Play Not Working On 4G!General

1. ak47bluntz

ak47bluntz Well-Known Member

out of no where today as i was looking thru the google play store. i went to download and it stays stuck on "waiting for network." i got no speacial roms just the deoxed version by apache thunder.

also been wondering how is other ppls battery use? Like how much of a difference is there when u have 4g on instead of 3g??

Advertisement
    :
  2. gamikzone

gamikzone Well-Known Member

i have this same problem i cant download anything from the play store on 4g but when im on 3g or wifi it works fine, as for battery life my phone lasts somewhat long when 3g is on and 4g is off but i live in a 3g zone if i get to a 4g zone i will probably leave it on
    ak47bluntz likes this.
  3. guyphs

guyphs Well-Known Member

Same here. I'm getting waiting for network errors on 4g.

eta: it seems like a lot of other people are having this problem. Something to do with a Jellybean update to the Play Store maybe.
  4. ak47bluntz

ak47bluntz Well-Known Member

fix found on other fourm helped me out

TEMP SOLUTION FROM SPRINT TECH SUPPORT:

I spoke with Sprint Tech Support a few times. This is what they came up with:

Go to Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Google Play Store
    Click on Uninstall updates
    When prompted to Uninstall updates, click OK.
    When prompted again to Uninstall update, click OK.
    Message may appear, "Uninstall not successful." Click OK.
    Return to Home Screen
    Remove battery from device for 30 seconds
    Reinsert battery and restart phone.
    Google Play will be replaced with Android Marketplace
    Click on Android Marketplace/Google Play and download apps using 4G.

DO NOT UPDATE to Google Play when asked. If you update, you will run into the same old problem. Eventually, there will be a Sprint/Samsung (or HTC) "fix" for this bug. When it eventually comes, you will need to restart your device for it to work. Sprint Tech Support wasn't sure when a permanent fix would be released. However, this will help until it is released.
  5. papo12

papo12 Well-Known Member

I tried this several times but google play still shows up and I have to upgrade it to google play to get in. I don't even see Android Market replacing Google play.
  6. The informant

The informant Well-Known Member

I'm having the same issue here.
  7. kevindroid

kevindroid Well-Known Member

just read on the 3vo v thread that google play is now working on 4g
    papo12 likes this.
  8. kevindroid

9. Travisholt92

Travisholt92 Well-Known Member

10. kevindroid

google play will update automatically the link was for those who wanted it earlier