Google Play or Amazon....

Last Updated:

1. evile84

evile84 Active Member

Trying to decide which is the better service for both music and videos. I can use the HDMI out on my bionic to play movies though the TV and it is already saved to my device. OR my TV has amazon instant video built in and I don't have to play through the phone but I have to use unbox to download and put on my device.

So thoughts... is any one better than the other or just more of a preference?

2. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator Guide

Personal preference. I like Google Music because i can upload music from my computer to it and it is automatically on my device. I haven't bought anything from it yet though haha
  3. annebrooks64

annebrooks64 Well-Known Member

I use both. Sometimes I find stuff cheaper on one of them.
  4. cxs6957

cxs6957 Well-Known Member

I was starting to just barely use Amazon's services until Google started focusing on Google Play. Now I try to do everything through Google. Personally, I like the visual experience of Google a lot more than Amazon. My eBooks I all buy now from Google Play. I'll use my Kindle to store free books or send samples of books I want to buy and buy them through Google once they are either available or on sale. Same with TV shows and movies. I have only transferred music I bought or ripped from a friend's CD to Google Play and haven't used any other music cloud services at all.
  5. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

I like Google Music for the streaming service (my music library is too large for the free Amazon Cloud Player). But I like purchasing songs from Amazon, because they tend to have a wider selection (although Google Music is getting better).
  6. ralphsteven

ralphsteven Active Member

I personally use both of them. Each store has its specific (Google Play is more user-friendly but there are interesting things on Amazon). My advice is to try to use them both