• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

google play ... purchases ... no password?

krazyasif786

Dec 26, 2012
hi

i find it alarming that when i purchase an app from the google play store and click buy it does not ask for a password?

I know this is my computer but what if i was on someone elses .... they would be able to buy the account gets charged

is thre a way to ask for a password before any purchase?

Apparently you've instructed the browser to remember the password. That encrypted information won't be available to anyone else unless they're using the same browser on the same computer as the same user that you are logged-in as.

Edit the security preferences to remove that information from the browser, if you like.

Upvote 0
Is it just me, or might the OP be referring a handset of costs as his/her computer? In the off chance that's the case....

OP, how are you accessing Google Play? If it's from a phone or tablet, something
like app lock or a password on your lock screen might help.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones