Google play services and battery useSupport

1. brad79

brad79 Member

Any idea why Google play services is killing my battery all the sudden or what I can do to stop it. 10mins ago I was at 100% battery haven't even used my phone and I'm at 91% already! Someone please help.

Advertisement
    :
  2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

3. BRAINZ2013

BRAINZ2013 Well-Known Member Contributor

Its true and the funny part is dam i can't get this thing off my device . You remove close your eyes when you open BANG its back .
  4. brad79

brad79 Member

Lol alright thanks for the quick replies. I hope Google is working on this issue I haven't even been able to make it thru a few hours without having a dead battery
  5. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female Guide

This has been a severe issue for a lot of people ever since 4.3 went live several months ago.

Different people report different things that work for them, like disabling the Google Location History in the Google Map settings (which is what worked for me, but may not work for you). You'll have to experiment and see what you can disable that will eventually work for you. I really hope they fix this in 4.4. :mad:

I just today rooted and installed a custom rom, so I've yet to discern if Google Services will continue to eat the heck out of my battery.
  6. BRAINZ2013

BRAINZ2013 Well-Known Member Contributor

If google don't know what's wrong this can be a problem maybe editing a xml or maybe just tricking the device to see something that isn't there.
  7. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ # Moderator

Its been nailing me too, I run a G2. Crazy heavy wakelocks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  8. icedtea

icedtea Well-Known Member

using 4.3 JB and Google play version at 4.4.2 I think.. not being the cause in my case.. but the Android OS..
  9. itsallgood

itsallgood Well-Known Member

I just looked at my battery stats and Google Services is using 17% of my battery in the last 4 1/2 hrs. of my battery as well. Its usually a lot lower then that, like 3% in 12 hrs. +
  10. Goodspike

Goodspike Well-Known Member

My theory, based on the fact that I've done nothing to try to fix this issue, is that it comes and goes. That GS will use a lot of power at seemingly random times, and then stop using a lot of power. That likely results in people reporting a lot of fixes which really are not fixes.

BTW, I had no unusual battery drain yesterday, so I don't think this even happens to everyone at the same time. I even drove to four locations using Google Navigation with the screen on, without plugging in the phone, without issue.