• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help google play services can't be installed

Hi,
I have Lava XOLO A500 mobile with Android 4.0.4 . I was trying to install Google Play Services to support Google Maps.
But when i was downloading Google Play Services from Play Store it was giving error at the time of installation"Incompatible with other applications using the same shared Id".
Please help me with this issue as Google Play Services is needed by many applications or is there any alternative for that?
I have searched it all over internet but didn't get any right answer.

Phone from China, no Google in the PRC because it's banned, and so Androids here don't have it. To install Google Play Services correctly it would have to be rooted, custom recovery probably, or even changing the ROM completely. And I don't think there's any information available for this phone, manufacturer is unknown. Often the way with these things. That's basically it. Suggest you return it, and maybe buy a Samsung or something instead.

Reactions: Shobham Kumar
Upvote 0
is it safe to root the mobile device?
how to root it?
As Mike says, there doesn't seem to be any information on rooting that phone and I highly doubt there would be any custom firmware for it so I'd say you're out of luck and should do as Nick says. Return it and get a branded phone (like a Samsung)
Sorry :(

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones