Google Play Store 3.8.17Support

Last Updated: 2012-10-18 11:39:41
  1. radhx

radhx Member

Hi,

I have Google Play Store 3.8.17 with ICS 4.0.3.

First of all, connecting and downloading to/from Google Play Store is taking enormous time. :confused:
    Then while downloading (if I can start one) the progress bar in Google Play lags much behind (around 50% less) than that displayed in the Notification Drawer. When progress bar reaches 100% in Notification Drawer, the progress bar in Google Play Store is between 50% to 55% and directly starts installing the downloaded app.
    And recently, after download completes, app does not get installed with an error message "Invalid file". :(
    The same app if downloaded again gets installed.

Anybody experiencing the same issue?
    Or is there any solution to rectify this discrepancy?

Thanks & Regards.

Advertisement
  2. Markjones

Markjones Well-Known Member

Google Play is just another normal APP that works. The delay could be network related.
    Are you connecting via WiFi or 3G
  3. radhx

radhx Member

I am using 3G.
  4. Markjones

Markjones Well-Known Member

That may just be your problem..3G runs over the mobile network and depending where you are at the time the response can go from being very good to very poor.
    I would try and use AM using a WiFi connection and see if that makes any difference.
  5. willcaddy

willcaddy Member

I actually had this in the past. Cant quite be sure on the version but I had to clear the data for the app in the app menu and it worked fine after that. Might not be the issue but its worth a try :)