• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Google Play Store- Connection Time Out- Retry?

Sonnydigs

Nov 22, 2013
I'm not able to connect to the play store.. It says "connection Timed Out"... Retry.. AT&T Samsung Note 3
I have cleared the cache, data, force stop also uninstalled play store updates, Checked time and date, and everything else I can find in searches to do..
The strange thing is it still auto updates and I can type in the search bar on the play store search option and open it that way...
I've tried it with wifi and network but nothing works.. Continue to get, "Connection Timed Out"... Retry..
Running Nova Prime Launcher..
I have done system backups in nova but not sure what I will loose if I do a restore..
Any help appreciated...

I was looking for my posting on this .but if you put the device in airplane mode and just have the WiFi on and clear cache and app data . .and go into app after clearing data and chose settings and select update only over WiFi . power off aka reboot and it should work

Thanks for the reply..
Ok, I tried that but still the same..
"Connection Timed Out" error message..

Upvote 0
I have had the same problem since yesterday and found the solution was actually quite simple and quick.
Go into settings>general>application manager>all>google play store and clear data and cache.
Repeat with the download manager app.
No restart required.

Hopefully this will clear up everyone else's issue as well. I can't take credit for the solution but I hope typing it out here will keep someone else from tearing their hair out in frustration.

Reactions: Sonnydigs
Upvote 0
I have had the same problem since yesterday and found the solution was actually quite simple and quick.
Go into settings>general>application manager>all>google play store and clear data and cache.
Repeat with the download manager app.
No restart required.

Hopefully this will clear up everyone else's issue as well. I can't take credit for the solution but I hope typing it out here will keep someone else from tearing their hair out in frustration.

Thanks,
But not a cure all..
Didn't work..

Upvote 0
How many devices you have with the link to this Google account

My Asus laptop, Xoom android tablet, and the N3.....
It is very strange because I have never had this problem and can still receive auto updates..
Thanks again...
I'm at a don't know what next..
I don't think I will go as far as a factory reset..
Too much to loose and re-install..

Upvote 0
I got the same "connection time out" message that everybody else is receiving. I turned off my WIFI and then turned on my data and was able to successfully bring up Google Play. I then turned off my data and turned WIFI back on and have been able to connect to Google Play since then. May just be luck, but you can try this.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones