• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Play Store FORCING PAYPAL

lovetycoonz

Lurker
Jul 16, 2014
Hey guys, so I'm ******* mad, because on my Gmail, I woke up today, and logged on to download the ROBLOX app which I just realized had came out, and it asks me upon clicking "install" button, that "Complete account setup. Review your account to continue installing apps on Google Play." So I say to myself, SURE, THIS SHOULD BE EASY, RIGHT!? And then I click "Continue." It gives me 3 options. Add credit or debit card, Redeem, and Add PayPal. WTF! I DON'T HAVE ANY AND MY PARENTS WONT LET ME ADD! HELP PLEASE!! I JUST WANT TO DOWNLOAD FREE APPS!:mad::thinking::mad::thinking:

Despite the subject of your post, your post clearly indicates that the Play Store is in no way "Forcing PayPal" - it's just requiring you to setup some means of payment, with PayPal being one of FOUR options you list. Although the app itself appears to be free, it offers in-app purchases, and my guess is that this is triggering some sort of verification that you have a valid payment method setup.

I don't know of any workaround for this, but the simplest fix may be to buy a $10 Play Store card at a retail location and redeem it - giving you $10 credit in the Play Store.

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones