• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Play Store won't play song samples/previews

10one5

Lurker
Sep 11, 2014
I can't listen to any artist's song previews/samples anymore. You are suppose to be able to click on the left side of the song title to hear it for a few seconds. Now the loading circle keeps spinning but the song never plays and then the screen freezes. I have to push my home key button then shut the app down in my task manager. It even makes my back arrow key and right key freeze sometimes too.
I tried Settings>Apps> Clear Cache or Clear Data and that didn't work. I also have turned the phone off taken the battery out then turned it back on-that doesn't fix it either.

Whatever update happened it seems to have taken place in late July to early August but before that it worked. The Play Store version I have is 4.9.13 but when I looked up info about the Play Store update, other people seemed to be referring to version 4.9.22. Yet when I check the app for an update it says "Google Play Store is up to date".
It's not the worst thing in the world to happen with an app on your phone it's just annoying.
Not sure if this will help but:
*I have software version 4.1.2 (Jellybean)
*The internet and or wifi connection is fine this issue happens rather I have 3 service bars or 6.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones