• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Play Store

I'm not exactly sure what youre asking. If you have a new google account, to keep your old apps from your other account, you must still have it on the phone. You can have more than 1 gmail account on the phone. If youre in the play store and press the menu button it allows you to change which gmail account that your purchases will be linked too. Hope that helped

Upvote 0
I have a Google Apps account; email address on custom domain--everything is managed through my Google Apps account, including play store.

I want to switch my email address completely to another Google Apps account; thus I'm trying to figure out if I can change my Play Store email account to another.

From what I have learned; there is no way to transfer the apps--therefore I would lose everything and have to pay for it up front again. Kinda stupid imo.

What I'm doing will result in my old email/domain being turned off.

Upvote 0
I have a Google Apps account; email address on custom domain--everything is managed through my Google Apps account, including play store.

I want to switch my email address completely to another Google Apps account; thus I'm trying to figure out if I can change my Play Store email account to another.

From what I have learned; there is no way to transfer the apps--therefore I would lose everything and have to pay for it up front again. Kinda stupid imo.

You can have more than one E-Mail on the S3. Just open another account to use and leave the other for the Apps.

Upvote 0

Is this link of any help to you? https://www.google.com/settings/account

You can change the email linked to your Google account but not set up a new one and transfer the apps over

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones