Google Play StoreGeneral

Last Updated: 2013-03-02 12:55:27
  1. TheGeek

TheGeek Well-Known Member

Anyone know how to migrate/change email for Google Play?

I'm about to switch my Google Apps account from one domain to another--I can't figure out how to change email. I don't want to lose all my apps and stuff.

Advertisement
  2. CrimsonPride

CrimsonPride Well-Known Member

I'm not exactly sure what youre asking. If you have a new google account, to keep your old apps from your other account, you must still have it on the phone. You can have more than 1 gmail account on the phone. If youre in the play store and press the menu button it allows you to change which gmail account that your purchases will be linked too. Hope that helped
  3. TheGeek

TheGeek Well-Known Member

I have a Google Apps account; email address on custom domain--everything is managed through my Google Apps account, including play store.

I want to switch my email address completely to another Google Apps account; thus I'm trying to figure out if I can change my Play Store email account to another.

From what I have learned; there is no way to transfer the apps--therefore I would lose everything and have to pay for it up front again. Kinda stupid imo.

What I'm doing will result in my old email/domain being turned off.
  4. whatsitsname

whatsitsname Well-Known Member

Your email is your account. There is no other way Google play store can identify you. If you switch email you lose everything.
  5. GTWalling

GTWalling Well-Known Member

You can have more than one E-Mail on the S3. Just open another account to use and leave the other for the Apps.
  6. MattG92

MattG92 Well-Known Member Contributor

Is this link of any help to you? https://www.google.com/settings/account

You can change the email linked to your Google account but not set up a new one and transfer the apps over