• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Play: User Rating by Region?

Hi all!

Just a quick question about Google Play store user ratings. I wanted to find out if the Google Play store has a universal score for each app; or whether App user ratings are split by region.

For example, say I wanted to download the Dolphin browser in the UK, I can see it is rated 4.5 stars by users, but if I were to download the same App from Russia, would it be given the same user review rating, or will it be given a different score depending on what only users from that region have rated it?

Many thanks in advance!
Dex

Hello MagikDexter - welcome to the forums... thanks for joining!! :)

I've moved your thread to the Android Lounge, as I think that you should get better responses here.

I am not 100% sure but I would have thought that, as long as an app was available in both countries, it's rating should be the same... I say this, as I know that not all apps are available in all regions :)

I am sure that some of our other members will be able to give you a better answer than me :)

Cheers,
D :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones