1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

google play vs slideme in Hipstreet

1. nirus

nirus New Member

hi, new to the forums here I just got a hipstreet and it came with slideme and not googleplay I've tryed installing googleplay and it just crashes so I tryed uninstalling slideme and then installing gloogle play and nothing I have cleared the cache and reset still crashing?

Advertisement
    :
  2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Welcome to the forums, nirus.

Well you presented us with a bit of a tough situation to try to remedy for you. The Hipstreet series of devices are specifically designed for slideme rather than the Google provided Play Store. A while back, almost a year ago, it was possible to acquire the "vendor" apk and do a clever removal of the stock program and replace it with what was then Android Market.

Now I'm not so sure it can be done without a root expoit being performed first, and information on that is sketchy to the point that I don't feel comfortable offering it here.

If I were in your situation I'd do a factory data reset and allow slideme to reinstate, then wait for more development to come along with clear instructions on how to switch to Play Store.
  3. nirus

nirus New Member

well that is terrible, being that almost nothing is available on slideme! I can't find any of the apps I use regularly on my other android devices. no goole play may be grounds to return device.
  4. LNMoton

LNMoton Well-Known Member

You can try 1Mobile Market. They have most of the apps from Google Play.
  5. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

A word of warning about 1Mobile, or rather "Kunlun Wanwei Keji Gufen Youxian Gongsi". It's a Chinese app store, which means many apps on there are more than likely pirated and may even contain malware. So be very careful.
  6. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide