• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Play: Where to download the .apk?

Hi all, I'm using a cheap, generic Chinese Android tablet and it didn't come pre-installed with Google Play. It came pre-installed with something called '1MobileMarket' but I disabled this and my main source of apps is now Amazon's App Store and I downloaded the Amazon App Store's .apk from here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/mas/get-appstore/android/ref=mas_rw_ldg

This is my Android tablet here:
Unisurf - 10.1" Android Tablet

Specs:

10'' Multi-touch high resolution screen
16GB internal storage
Android 4.2 operating system
Front (0.3MP) and rear (2MP) facing camera
Store your favorite photos, music and movie
Built-in microphone
Built-in speaker
Playback Time: music - up to 9 Hours, video - up to 4.5 hours, web browsing - up to 5 Hours
Video output: 1080 x 720p supported
Rechargeable Li-poly battery
Output: HDMI and Micro USB
Micro SDHC memory card reader to increase your storage capacity (Up to 32GB supported)
Automatic orientation detection to adjust for portrait or landscape viewing

Thanks for any help!

If Mike's version doesn't work, I got this one to work on a low end French tablet although the first time I installed it I had to power down then back up for it to work. It hasn't given me a problem since. At the bottom of the page there are a ton of previous versions you can try also. If you can't trust the Android Police who can you trust!!!

Download: Latest Google Play Store 4.2.3

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones