Google, Please *Allow* Creating a New Contact by Duplicating An Existing One

Last Updated:

1. dmmiller2k

dmmiller2k Member This Topic's Starter

Sorry for the resubmission, but I just HAD to correct the bad grammar in the Title of this post (To Whom It May Concern: please remove the earlier one and transfer any replies to this one, as needed)

Unlike 99.9% of the threads matching the keywords, "create", "contact" and "duplicate", who apparently want to get RID of their duplicate contacts (RTFM, guys), I would like to basically do the opposite: that is, to create a new contact by duplicating an existing one.

Frequently, I must create a new contact entry that is MOSTLY IDENTICAL to an existing one, with maybe just the name and phone number different (i.e., members of a family or employees of a company).

On my old Palm device, I could simply duplicate a Contact entry then replace the fields that differed with new values.

I really don't care where it must happen: either in GMail Contacts on a full-fledged browser/computer, or the Contacts app on my Android-based device since they are largely interchangeable these days, but at the moment, it is impossible in either place.

Google, are you listening? How hard could this be?

Advertisement
  2. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

Why are you posting this here? Google has a site specifically for these requests. Did you post there as well?

3. El Blacksheep

El Blacksheep Well-Known Member

In the time it took you to post this thread (THREE TIMES WTF) you could've just added the contacts manually...

Anyways, try using Google Goggles to scan business cards. It will import all the data into a contact, so you don't need to even duplicate anything.

4. dmmiller2k

dmmiller2k Member This Topic's Starter

What site? (link please)

5. sitlet

sitlet Banned

ummm, Google it? haha:D