Support Google Reader application?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Shamrock13, Apr 29, 2010.

1. Shamrock13

Shamrock13 Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2010
    Hermitage, PA
    Other than the Google reader site that is optimized for mobile touchscreen, is there any application I can use for my Google reader account?

I would like to actually have an application that does everything the site does but would like it to be nice and simple instead of launching the site everytime.

Thanks in advance!

Advertisement
  2. Teibidh

Teibidh Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2009
  3. nomadpass

nomadpass Member

Apr 18, 2010
    I have tried newsrob, however I prefer the google teams mobile version. I love their design.

4. woop

woop novacane (OFWGKTA)
    VIP Member

5. esmail

esmail Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2009
    USA
  6. amarryat

amarryat Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2010
    MA
    I really hope a developer comes out with a good one. I have tried a bunch and none are anywhere near as good as the one I use on my iPod called "Web Feeds". I sent feedback to that developer to please make an Android version.

I have seen quite a bit of positive feedback on Newsrob, but in my opinion, it is simply the best of the worst.

Edit - maybe my opinions are based on the way I use it - to sync with my Google reader feeds.

7. esmail

esmail Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2009
    USA
    I haven't tried Newsrob (yet?) but will check out the mobile web interface to google reader - it's supposed to be ok.

It's puzzling that some of the core applications for google services are missing all together or lacking features (e.g., gmail app doesn't let you zoom or copy text)

8. Asterdroid

Asterdroid Well-Known Member

I use Newsrob too. No issues.

9. AaronBBrown

AaronBBrown Well-Known Member

I made a shortcut to google.com/reader on my desktop. The mobile site is pretty good.

10. caudio51

caudio51 Active Member

Apr 1, 2010
    Jersey
    Has anyone tried Feedsquares for Google Reader?

11. mrjinglesusa

mrjinglesusa Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    NoVA
    I use NewsRob.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

12. fortesquieu

fortesquieu Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2010
    NewsRob FTW!

13. shaggymatt

shaggymatt Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2009
    NewsRob full version. :)

14. Todd M

Todd M Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2010
    In the 712
    Newsrob here too. Love it.

15. nightfishing

nightfishing Well-Known Member

May 2, 2010
    amarryat likes this.
  16. amarryat

Apr 18, 2010
    MA
    Thanks for that one - just took a look on their page and it looks pretty good. Have you used any of the ones on the iPod, such as Web Feeds? Just curious how this compares. I'll be very happy if this is as good.

17. shaggymatt

shaggymatt Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2009
    FWIW - I bought FeedR many months ago and ended up switching first to the free version of Newsrob and ended up getting the full version. NewsRob was just cleaner to me overall.

18. Nunley

Nunley Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2009
    I had FeedR before and I didn't like the way it sized/resized/didn't size pictures. It's fine but I've enjoyed NewsRob a bit better. I really like that you can set the volume rocker to go to the next feed and I enjoy the unread widget.
    I know I'm going to get some slack for this entry but I prefer to read my 47+ newsfeeds on my apple devices. I use NewsRack for my iPod touch and iPad and the interfaces are just so much smother. I really wish that Android had their apps just a bit more polished. Hopefully the more people we have the better the software development.

19. amarryat

Apr 18, 2010
    MA
    No flack from me - I totally agree. I use "Web Feeds" on my iPod Touch and it's great. And I had tried several others, each of which was very nice.

However based on a recommendation above, I bought "Feedr" after having tried other Android newsreaders, including Newsrob and being completely dissatisfied. I am very happy with Feedr - for me it is the best Android one I have tried. Still not quite as nice as the iPod readers, but it's close. And part of my bias may be familiarity with the iPod reader that I was using.