• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Google search app not working.

I believe you've had your answer, yes?
If not,i shall go revisit the other thread and I'll help you over there.

Sorry about not being able to help you atm.
Once CWM is finally officially released for the phone (shouldn't be much longer), if you don't feel like switching to the custom rom, I'll see about making and update.zip for you to automate the process and hopefully that should get it fixed and have you in search widget happiness!

Reactions: Big Co. Jones
Upvote 0
Thanks for the info ...Funny you should mention it as I was reading the thread yesterday for it and was going to ask you what your thoughts where? ... What benefits, etc.? ... Will installing it erase any photos or anything else? ... the reason i ask is that for some reason as i have been tweaking and try to set up my phone for as best to top performance as possible, i noticed that my pictures went missing (which i found odd since i never went into the folder and erased any of them) so i am just curious to know... any info would help... Thanks again for taking the time with me for all my issues ... I am sure you may have wanted to bang your head against a wall several times dealing with me. lol

Upvote 0
Hey Big Co. If your pics are on the sd card, unless you or a program of yours with access to the sdcard deleted those pics, they should still be there. I say otherwise tosave the files on your sd and reformat it! (Remember to save first cause reformating WILL erase all files on the card)
Basix will not erase your pics, but WILL erase your data: that is ALL your apps and their settings.
This is why a backup is recommended. I personally have three backups when I flash: a full nandroid backup from within cwm, a backup usin mybackup pro, and finally, another full backup from within titanium backup pro. If you decide to go this route, know that you will need to get a file manager from the market as k0 forgot to include one in the rom!!! That's to install any apks you may have that are not included in the market or to just browse your cutsie new looking phone!

Upvote 0
Hi guys please excuse but i'm a noob with all of this. I cant seem to browse on google anymore? when i click on the search widget I only see the previous list of things i have searched but the search bar stays blank? Just a quick run down. I followed the thread for the one click root (worked flawlessly) I proceed to download anycut and made an LTE functionality widget (works great) ...I got the tethering app (great) ...the overclock widget and set to Mike toolz perameters for the screen (Thank you Miketoolz for that) but all of sudden now the Google search app is not functioning? Can someone please help?

On another note I just wanted to thank everyone of you that have done all this great work from all the posts from K0nane, Miketoolz, ShabbyPenguin, etc. sorry if I missed anyone ...Again thank you all very much.

Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mine was the same yesterday evening, i tried everything and nothing works somebody suggest to go the advance settings but theres no such thing on the settings box, what i did was sign out from the account, then i openg google search againg and voala it started working again, please note it was on my lg g4 I hope this help someone

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones