1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Google Search Bar Problems

Last Updated:

1. mattscribble

mattscribble New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,
    I've got an HTC Hero cell phone, I'm in the UK but when I use Google search bar on my phones "desktop" I get directed to the Orange France web site to sign in as a cell phone customer. I'm a frequent visitor to France and suspect that I changed something in Google a couple of years ago but can't remember what. I would call my cell phone providor only I've noticed French results coming up in my search results occasionally when Googling on one of my PC's at home. I checked my search settings in Google and they are logged as UK and English. Any help much appreciated

Advertisement
  2. bluenova

bluenova OK Computer VIP Member

Have you tried deleting the cookies from your browser? Google directs you to the local site based on you current network location and then stores the info in a cookie.

3. mattscribble

mattscribble New Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the response bluenova, I've only been in the UK thus far with my phone. The search bar worked fine for a week or so then I started getting these re-directs to the Mobile France web site.

4. macprv

macprv Well-Known Member

have u tried disabling the "location service".. home screen tap on menu>settings>>privacy> un check "use my location".. see if it works:)... you might wanna clrear the cookies as well.. open the browser tap on menu>more>settings> scroll down untill u find "clear all cookie data" tap on it.. also scroll down and make sure "enable location" is unchecked.. i hope that works:(