Google Search - Dock on Top?

Last Updated:

1. Borath

Borath Member This Topic's Starter

Hi everyone, I just got the Motorola Droid and it's great. I was playing around with it and it looks like I may have moved the "Google Search" that was originally docked at the top of the screen. Is there a way to get it to dock at the top of the screen again?

I try to move it up there and it doesn't appear to be sticking / docking.

Advertisement
  2. Mama Luigi

Mama Luigi Well-Known Member

Long press the Google search bar and you can move it around. You can also remove it by dragging it to the trash or add new widgets by pressing and holding on an open space on the home screen.

3. Borath

Borath Member This Topic's Starter

Right, I think I long pressed it by accident and moved it around...is it possible to dock the google search bar towards the top of the phone? I thought this was the default setting but maybe I'm remembering it wrong...I looked at some videos online of the phone and that's how it looked in the videos.

4. Mama Luigi

Mama Luigi Well-Known Member

What do you mean dock it towards the top? You can move it to any position you want by just long pressing it and dragging it around. You could even put the widget on all of your home screens if you want. It will maintain its position whether you're using portrait or landscape mode.

5. maxximillian

maxximillian New Member

What op is talking about is the same problem I'm having. The google search bar used to be attached to the top bar of my screen. I moved it now when I try to dock it again to the top there is always a gap maybe 5 or 10 pixels wide. It's in portait mode. In landscape mode its docked correctly meaning no gap between the search widget and the status/notifacation bar.

6. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

From a quick Google Search it appears that the behavior of the widget was changed with 2.0.1. I've always just hit the search button if I needed it so I can't comment on any first hand experience with placing the widget on the home screen.