Google search glitch with new firmware

Last Updated:

1. Alsybub

Alsybub Member This Topic's Starter

Has anyone noticed that when you are in the web browser and the phone is at 90 degrees, (full QWERTY keyboard) when you press the search button and then start to type, the information bar pops up on every key press, making the keyboard and search bar jump up and down?

I checked on my friends Hero which has not been updated and the problem does not exist.

My Hero is rooted. I'm interested to know if this is a problem on one using the official firmware update.

Advertisement
  2. G8D

G8D Well-Known Member

I only noticed this during watching videos/youtube.

3. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

Known issue with all 2.73.xxx.x builds. Some users have reported that the behaviour ceases after a day or two.

4. Alsybub

Alsybub Member This Topic's Starter

Ok. Thanks for your reply. Nice to know its a common thing.

5. marshallsaheb

marshallsaheb New Member

Yup, mine does it too and has been ever since i got it (6 months ago!). It is really really annoying but only does it when at 90 degrees and doing the initial web page search ie doesn't do it for subsequent google searches.

Does anyone know if there is a fix because it is getting to be a pain in the proverbial.

Ben

6. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

See if there's a more recent firmware update available for your handset. The issue was rectified with a later generic build iirc and may have filtered down to the carrier-specific updates by now.

7. pdrhan

pdrhan Well-Known Member

Same with mine...sucks...but never mind does not use this search so much in 90 degrees angle anyway , but it