• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google search IS NOT google now.

degarb

Mar 22, 2013
Saying, Ok Google Now, only works about %95 of the time.

1. So, I wan't to setup up "up/down" shake to launch GN.

Launch Google search/google IS NOT google now. It only does an Internet search. I want the real Google Now, that can dial, read my contacts, enter calendar entries, etc. I rarely need the search.

2. The up/down shake is interfering with the right left shake on the Moto X. I need a video tutorial on how to shake, possibly.

Hi degarb,

While Google Now is not the same as Google Search, Google Now is a component of Google Search, so it's easy enough to adjust your Task appropriately :)

When you are picking the app to launch, long-press on the Google Search entry; this will let you pick the exact Activity (piece) of Search you want to launch. Scroll to the bottom and select the VoiceSearchActivity. :thumbup:

Hope that helps :)

Reactions: electricpete
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones