• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Google Search Location Unavailable

AZDroid

Nov 11, 2009
On my Motorola DROID, when I open the browser and open google.com for a search it always says location unavailable. Save recent locations is set to on, location is set to allow. GPS is on and I have strong 3G signal. I can go to maps and it finds my location quickly and spot-on. I also have tried using Wi-Fi and same thing "Location Unavailable" I tried clicking update but nothing happens.

I can open google.com on my iPod Touch Safari browser using Wi-Fi and it shows my correct city.

So I have two devices side by side, the Apple one works better than the Google one using a Google service......something is wrong with this picture.

Anyone else having this issue? Any suggestions for a fix? btw I am not rooted, no cooked ROMs, running 2.0.1

Edit: am I on the wrong forum? This is the 3rd thread I have started and nobody has answered any of them :???:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones