Google Services Framework force close

1. broken1i

broken1i Well-Known Member

"The application Google services Framework(process com.google.process.gapps) has stopped unexpectedly."

Has anyone experienced this error message at all. It happens randomly and I get it at least 5-10 times a day.

Advertisement
  2. SMC333

SMC333 Member

Mine is doing the same thing. really annoying. Anyone know how to fix this?
  3. SMC333

SMC333 Member

Trying another factory reset... I'll let you know if it works
  4. broken1i

Thanks smc, I did one and I still get it -__-
  5. SMC333

SMC333 Member

I think the problem was with mybackup and restoring contacts when they were already syned with google. this time I didnt restore contacts and just let google do it and Im not getting the pop up anymore. give it a try
  6. broken1i

ya but then I'd lose all my contacts -__-, there has to be another way I can back them up without using mybackup
  7. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

I'm confused - are your contacts not being saved by google?
  8. broken1i

They are but when you reload them using mybackuppro we receive this error. After googling I was able to find a solution. We had to delete contacts storage.

So basically go to Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Running tab > and delete Contacts Storage. Haven't gotten the error since.

Here's the actual solution.

Depending on what you get the error on (either contacts, gmail, or calendar), clear its data by going to Manage Applications/Running tab and deleting its storage. :]
    honeyb3 and p4andrews like this.
  9. landis76

landis76 New Member

Is there a way to fix contact storage w/o deleting everything? Or can I back up everything somehow to restore later?
  10. jeanne64

jeanne64 New Member

I have the same problem as well. It either says "The application Google services Framework(process com.google.process.gapps) has stopped unexpectedly." or "The process com.google.process.gapps has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again". It'll pop up randomly, sometimes once a day up to several times a day. I already did a factory reset and still getting the same problems. My contacts aren't updating to gmail also, and when i try to sync it myself the I will definitely get one of the above messages. Anyone know how to fix this?

HTC EVO
  11. chrs

chrs Well-Known Member

I had this problem and read pretty widely trying to find a solution and finally found one that worked for me on the Google Support Forum. Basically you sync calendar contacts and gmail individually to find which is the problem. Then you thorughly back up everything in that category, and delete everything from either google or the phone, and try to sync again. Then you can see how far in got in syncing--wherever it got it is a problem entry. For me it was a contact that had some weird non-ascii characters (corrupted data) in one field. After I deleted those fields, all worked again.
  12. raptorspike

raptorspike Member

chrs, how do you find out what causes that issue from the sync? Mine comes from the calendar, and I have hundreds of things on my calendar.
  13. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!! Moderator

try clearing out the calender cache and maybe try and power off then reboot.
    peosteve likes this.
  14. chrs

chrs Well-Known Member

I'm afraid I don't remember exactly what I did. At the time I was using lots of different methods to transfer data from the old Palm-based system I was using, and looking at them different ways, so I don't remember which I used to ID the problem, but I guess that it was exporting them from Google contacts to a csv file, which you can then look at in Excel or just a text editor. Another thing I was using that might be what it was is MyPhoneExplorer which directly syncs the phone to files on a PC without a cloud.

With the calendar, you can do the same thing: export to CSV from Google, or use MyPhoneExplorer to get the data on a PC to look at (probably again export to CSV from MyPhoneExplorer).

If all else fails you can try a binary search: try deleting half and see if it works. Then know which half the problem is in. Repeat until you have it narrowed down.
  15. jvdfw

jvdfw New Member

This was happening to me too, on my Streak 7 running, honeycom rom,

Go to settings-accounts&sync

disable backround data and autosync!!!
    that worked for me

JV
  16. Aim High

Aim High New Member

thanks adizz , this link was usefull , after following this my problem has been solved ,, thanks alott. was not a member of this forum , but now i became member just to reply and thank you ..
  17. markt23

markt23 Member

I'm getting this but appears much worse than above. I cannot receive text messages or use the internet app. HTC EVO 4G. Anyone else have that issue?
  18. ngamtns

ngamtns New Member

19. peosteve

peosteve New Member

Turned off auto-sync from the settings for the calendar, cleared the cache from all the calendar apps, and then started sync again. Calendar went from empty with tons of popups to synced almost right away. This did the trick...
    ocnbrze likes this.