• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Google Services Sucking Power Again

Count me in! I hardly use my phone at all during the day (it sits on my desk) and it was down to 75% with Google Services accounting for 50% of battery use (tops on the list). I tried reverting GS back to its former state before updates, but then apps like Weather Channel and Redbox won't work (says GS needs to be updated). I think it has a lot to do with GS wanting to use gps to determine my location even when the apps aren't running. If you find a good solution, I'm all ears!

Upvote 0
It could be running a backup in the background. What do you have set to sync?

Just my contacts. I do have some Verizon backup thing that runs daily, without issue.

A second reboot didn't stop it, so I ran Task Manager and did the "clear memory" under Ram, and also closed all the active apps there. That seemingly fixed it.

Then I started up all the typical apps, one by one at about 15 minute intervals. Still no problems.

In the past though I've found this Google Services issue does just seem to come and go. I've had it happen about 2x during the almost a year I've owned the phone. So I'm not sure if what I did fixed it, or if it was just going to fix itself.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones