Google sign in error scam?

Last Updated:

1. RunamuckRez

RunamuckRez Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Interesting question for you all. I'm running a rooted Eris on xtrROM 4.6 with all the little bells and whistles. No apps that are out of the ordinary. Just a moment ago I had the little warning triangle with the ! sign through it. I opened it up and it was a message that said google sign in error. It gave me one of those stylized arrangements of letters that i had to punch to make sure I wasn't a bot. Generally stuff like that makes me fairly wary so I closed it and opened both my gmail folder and google calendar (which I just started using today actually). Both worked fine. Was this a fishing scam of some kind? I've been reading some reports of how fishing scams are coming over through SMS and I've gotten some of the more obvious ones for walmart cards etc, but this one was new to me.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Also as a side question, has anyone received odd advertisements phone calls from companies or agencies you've had nothing to do with? I get one or two now and again.

Rez

Advertisement
  2. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Well-Known Member

What apps are installed?

3. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

I would doubt that it was a phishing scam but its better to be safe than sorry...

4. stanfna

stanfna Well-Known Member

i had the exact same thing pop up on my Incredible yesterday. (running CM7). anyone know what this is?

5. dmjohnston

dmjohnston New Member

I started getting the same problem on my Droid Razr about 3 days ago. Everything I've found online seems to be about two-factor authentication, but I'm not really understanding why mine would suddenly change or exactly what I need to do to fix it.