Google Sky doesn't show up in apps listSupport

Last Updated:

1. Darrelx

Darrelx New Member This Topic's Starter

On my DroidX, Google Sky doesn't show up in my list of applications, but if I search for it, it does. I can launch it from the search results.

I can also add an application widget to the home page and select Google Sky in its settings as the app to launch.

Why doesn't it show up in the list of applications (The icon-based list you get when pressing the triangle-in-a-circle icon from the home page)?

Thanks,

Advertisement
  2. Darrelx

Darrelx New Member This Topic's Starter

BTW, running Froyo. Kernel version 2.6.32.9-ga42712e

3. Doit2it

Doit2it Well-Known Member Contributor

How many apps do you have installed and what launcher are you using?

I was using the ADWLauncher with the Horizontal app drawer option selected (side scrolling drawer). The ADW/Horizontal drawer only allows 200 apps to show (I had 130 plus the native Droid X apps). Some of my apps weren't showing up in the drawer, so I went back to the standard drawer in ADW.

4. SlvrScoobie

SlvrScoobie Well-Known Member

My shortcut shows up on my homepage, but the icons all jacked up looking
    update?

5. sic0048

sic0048 Well-Known Member

It won't appear if you installed it on the SD card when you have the phone plugged into a computer. Instead it will be listed as com.google.android.stardroid in the "manage applications" list and there won't be an icon in the app draw.

Perhaps this is your issue. If not, then I would recommend you uninstall and reinstall the app.