1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

Google Staffers Get Dream Phone as Xmas Bonus

1. phandroid

phandroid Admin News Bot

Google is certainly feeling the pain of recession, most recently evidenced by the Xmas bonus given out. Valleywag is reporting that instead of the $20,000 or $30,000 bonuses the company has given in the past, every single Googler will get an Android Dream Phone. A T-Mobile G1 you mean? No…no… we said - Dream Phone and [...]

More...

Advertisement
  2. Cryptic79

Cryptic79 VIP Member VIP Member

Ouch. Sounds very National Lampoon Christmas Vaction of Google, but I understand the main reason (HINT: it's not the product).
  3. Jesse

Jesse Well-Known Member

Aww, I would love to have the droid on my G1.
  4. Cryptic79

I'll take the $20k-$30k. Hell, I'd be happy with ANY EOY bonus.
  5. cNo7

cNo7 Well-Known Member

The back doesn't have an Android Robot on the back. My friend who works for google shared this pic with me today...it's the same back as the unlocked dev. version. The only robot on it is in the lower left hand corner...

[​IMG]
  6. sw20matt

sw20matt Well-Known Member

wow I would be so mad, but then I would prob sell the phone for some stupid high price.
  7. Cryptic79

They aren't supposed to sell it. It's against Google rules. Probably can get fired for it.
  8. cNo7

cNo7 Well-Known Member

yup. it's in the agreement. they'll catch some serious hell if they sell it off.