• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Google Sync Contacts not working (sprint/htc hero)

chewedpup

Jul 18, 2010
WHenever I try to sync google, it will not sync the contacts and tells me "Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly."
This has gone on for DAYS now. It syncs Gmail and Calendar, but not Contacts. I have rebooted many times, to no effect - what is going on? Anyone else got this issue? I even deleted my google account, rebooted, and reinstalled it - same problem. Any suggestions would be most helpful!

Mine says the same thing, but when I add a contact from either location it gets synced up.
IwBWow81JwATCgEIowESnyspAQCBACH5BAQFAAAALAAAAAAIAA8AAAdhgACCAAmCOoM4b4ccg0N8dQAZACgeAFUWIQ0DM3MKCGhQJ5NYKmgIB4MAHF4DgjtlZGolg2RYWGcoqYIXRAGDEiluZagAAxtQBUkZHRAAfnEAPQInL4MGJBEBkoIECg+qgQA7

Upvote 0
I have tried adding a contact and then syncing - still get the error message. Must be close to two weeks now since I started getting this message and wonder how many other people get it, or is it only one or two of us?
All other google syncs seem to be ok - just the contacts.
Anyone? Anyone?
:thinking:

Upvote 0
Since your still struggling! You should look into a backup/sync application. If you go to the android market and search for one you can find free apps which sync up your phone, and from your computer you can add Google contacts.

Even though you should be able to do this straight from your phone I would suggest trying an app real fast! (try a device reset too once you have your phone backed up) Good luck!

Upvote 0
In case anyone else has this problem, i did a little self browsing and found the solution on this website Google Contact Sync is currently experiencing problems... - HTC EVO? 4G (Sprint) - Android Forums - HTC Community

I backed uup my contacts on my gmail account form google.com

Then i went to Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>Contacts Storage and then "Clear Data".

This fixed my problem and i can sync again!

Also, this unlinked all facebook contacts and havent succeded in relinking them.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones