Google Sync Contacts not working (sprint/htc hero)Support

Last Updated:

1. chewedpup

chewedpup Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

WHenever I try to sync google, it will not sync the contacts and tells me "Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly."
    This has gone on for DAYS now. It syncs Gmail and Calendar, but not Contacts. I have rebooted many times, to no effect - what is going on? Anyone else got this issue? I even deleted my google account, rebooted, and reinstalled it - same problem. Any suggestions would be most helpful!

Advertisement
  2. Frantic Ferret

Frantic Ferret Well-Known Member

Mine says the same thing, but when I add a contact from either location it gets synced up.
    [​IMG]

3. DonB

DonB ♡ Spidey Sense !! ♡ ™ Moderator

I think Google has been working on issues as you can see there is a new look to the web email, so that maybe the issue, let's see what happens today

4. chewedpup

I have tried adding a contact and then syncing - still get the error message. Must be close to two weeks now since I started getting this message and wonder how many other people get it, or is it only one or two of us?
    All other google syncs seem to be ok - just the contacts.
    Anyone? Anyone?
    :confused:

5. Lucky_Devil

Lucky_Devil New Member

I think there's something going on with Google Contacts period... I've been adding and organizing my contacts this morning (not even trying to sync with phone) and have been having issues getting it to work right.

6. t_wilson

t_wilson Well-Known Member

I installed a new ROM very late last night and synced my contacts this morning. Everything worked just fine. I also added a new contact yesterday afternoon, and I had no problems then either.

7. chewedpup

Come on Android/Google - it's been almost three weeks now and I STILL cannot sync my google contacts!!!!!! SHows up as Google Sync still having a problem and not to worry, it will be back up shortly. How long is "shortly"?????

8. mIQ Live

mIQ Live Well-Known Member

Since your still struggling! You should look into a backup/sync application. If you go to the android market and search for one you can find free apps which sync up your phone, and from your computer you can add Google contacts.

Even though you should be able to do this straight from your phone I would suggest trying an app real fast! (try a device reset too once you have your phone backed up) Good luck!

9. DerekMcCoy

DerekMcCoy New Member

I have been getting this same message for weeks but My Contacts have been Syncing just fine. Wonder if it has to do with the new look of Contacts? Is your only evidence that contacts are not syncing is this message?

chewedpup likes this.
  10. chewedpup

I just did a test on it, and you're right - I'm still getting an error message but the contact has synced from gmail onto my phone. So even though it says it's not working, it actually seems to be. Thank you! Still Android/Google - time to fix the error message!

11. sammy57

sammy57 New Member

I have an evo and I get the same message however my contacts aren't updating any ideas?

12. randsom

randsom Active Member

In case anyone else has this problem, i did a little self browsing and found the solution on this website Google Contact Sync is currently experiencing problems... - HTC EVO? 4G (Sprint) - Android Forums - HTC Community

I backed uup my contacts on my gmail account form google.com

Then i went to Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>Contacts Storage and then "Clear Data".

This fixed my problem and i can sync again!

Also, this unlinked all facebook contacts and havent succeded in relinking them.