Google SyncGeneral

Last Updated:

1. YamR1

YamR1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hello Fellow Droiders.. forgive me if this has been covered I tried to search but couldnt find anything. My problem is syncing contact with Gmail. My eris will pull contact from gmail no problem but will not upload them from my phone. Any idea what im doing wrong if anything? Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

When you create or edit the contact their should be an option to make it a phone or Google contact. Phone contacts won't sync, Google contacts will.

3. SirEagle

SirEagle Well-Known Member

My only option is phone.

4. Mays24

Mays24 Well-Known Member

If you click the drop down arrow to the right, it will give you the option of choosing Phone or Googel contact. Choose Google

5. infil

infil Well-Known Member

in edit i'm not seeing the option to change between google or phone at all...am i blind?

6. TheSultan

TheSultan Well-Known Member

I had someone asking me about this the other day....he used to have the option but it was gone. I just tried it...went to add new contact, and got a fresh clean slate. The top field is "contact account" with a small drop down menu to the right to choose. I wonder why so many people are having different experiences with this.

7. infil

infil Well-Known Member

i feel like a ******, just realized that google automatically backs up contacts and stuff. ok, going to attempt the 2.1 leak and pray i dont screw somethin up lol. If all else fails, my father in law used his eris for about 4 days before deciding he wanted to go back to his razr....old ppl and technology just dont mix :p

8. SirEagle

When I hit the dropdown all I have is phone, nothing else.

Same here, when I go to edit I don't have any options for changing.

9. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

Assuming you are running 1.5, from Home, if you go into Settings->Data synchronization->Google, you have "Background data", "Auto-sync", and "Contacts" all checked? There should be a date showing the last contact sync there as well.

If it is checked, try unchecking and checking again.

In 1.5, you cannot change a contact from one to the other - you can create either a phone or Google contact, but the stock people app cannot change them. I believe that there is a third party app that lets you change, but I do not know what it is off the top of my head (all of my contacts are Google contacts, which is how I want them anyway.)

From the "People" app, in the first icon on the bottom, where all of your contacts are listed, press Menu->View. Is "Google" checked?

10. SirEagle

Only thing in the list here to check is Phone. Google is not listed. I'm on 1.5.

If I add any new contacts I add them through my Gmail, that way they are google contacts and will be backed up.