Google Talk and text app

Last Updated:

1. richardlo

richardlo New Member This Topic's Starter

I use Google Talk and texting on the EVO. Right now I have toggle between the two apps to see who is texting /chatting me. Is there a way to integrate both into one app or widget?

Advertisement
    shellyrozaay likes this.
  2. unplugged1

unplugged1 Well-Known Member

Just to be clear: you are referring to Google Talk, not Google Voice.

3. Wifi-Naught Odin

Wifi-Naught Odin Well-Known Member

I don't think so cuz gtalk is free and web based over data, (3g, wifi, etc...) requires internet. it's essentially aim or skype but offered by google.

and phone texting (aka sms 'simple message service') is subscription based over phone service. requires phone and text plan.

(sorry if that doesn't make sense but that's the easiest way to put it)

to throw u a curve ball, i actually use google 'voice' (not to be confused with above mentioned 'talk') for my sms texting phone number and service.

it would be interesting to watch if google could blend the two.

and for web-based chatting and calls I use Nimbuzz cuz it includes EVERY online community that u can think off.

I use one client, Nimbuzz, to msg or talk to all my of friends on their iphones/itouches, online friends from xbox live, facebook, google talk, skype, aim, and myspace all from that single app on my evo. can even text chat with my kids on their nintendo dsi's.

Nimbuzz - free calls & IM | AndroidApplications.com

richardlo likes this.
  4. richardlo

richardlo New Member This Topic's Starter

WiFi pretty much nailed the answer for me.

Yes it would be nice if there was an app that could have both in one app. I know Google Talk can also text or SMS but I have only tried it through Gmail not the phone or rather have not figured out how to do it on the phone if at all possible.