• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Talk and the Droid

DDave

Nov 17, 2009
Ok, so I have my droid in my shirt pocket.

I am at my desktop chatting in Google Talk.

All of a sudden I get a Instant Message on my phone.

I open to read it and its a reply from the conversation that I was having on my PC via the Droids Google talk. So I reply back via the Google talk on the PC and dag gone it, if his response didnt come back on the Droid.

What the heck is that all about?

Has anyone else been having this issue? If so, is there a fix?

I think it's just a fluke thing, not sure Gtalk is all that stable on the Droid frankly. I know it does not update who is on, you have to sign out and back in to get the latest list of active people.
Maybe it took that long for it to sync and alert you that you were having a conversation you may not have realized you were having!

Upvote 0
I think it's just a fluke thing, not sure Gtalk is all that stable on the Droid frankly. I know it does not update who is on, you have to sign out and back in to get the latest list of active people.
Maybe it took that long for it to sync and alert you that you were having a conversation you may not have realized you were having!

Mine updates statuses just fine, same with active/idle/busy colors (red/yellow/green) and the greyish x for signed off users.

Upvote 0
it's the same as if you have gmail open in 2 locations. You won't see the full conversation on both screens, and it will minimize the other computer when you type for privacy.

If you got a message to your droid every time you chatted it would be annoying as hell!

I love that if im using my droid i don't get it in gmail if im using gmail it rings my droid.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones