Google Talk and the Droid

Last Updated:

1. DDave

DDave Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok, so I have my droid in my shirt pocket.

I am at my desktop chatting in Google Talk.

All of a sudden I get a Instant Message on my phone.

I open to read it and its a reply from the conversation that I was having on my PC via the Droids Google talk. So I reply back via the Google talk on the PC and dag gone it, if his response didnt come back on the Droid.

What the heck is that all about?

Has anyone else been having this issue? If so, is there a fix?

Advertisement
  2. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 Well-Known Member

Did the reply come only to Droid or to your PC as well? I get them both places if I'm signed on to both. Doesn't matter which I'm actually using, the messages show up on both.

3. DDave

DDave Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Most of the time, it comes on either the droid or the PC. There HAVE been times where it shows up on both.

4. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

You need to force close Gtalk on the Droid, Menu>Settings>Applications>Running Services find it and close it.

5. Clementine_3

I think it's just a fluke thing, not sure Gtalk is all that stable on the Droid frankly. I know it does not update who is on, you have to sign out and back in to get the latest list of active people.
    Maybe it took that long for it to sync and alert you that you were having a conversation you may not have realized you were having!

6. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

Mine updates statuses just fine, same with active/idle/busy colors (red/yellow/green) and the greyish x for signed off users.

7. Clementine_3

Mine updates them, just not in a timely fashion. Not sure how much of a lag there is but it is not always up to date.

8. dja1980

dja1980 Well-Known Member

I've had issues opposite of yours... someone will send me a Gtalk message, and I'll find it sitting on my PC hours later... never showing up on my phone.

9. gentlefury

gentlefury Well-Known Member

it's the same as if you have gmail open in 2 locations. You won't see the full conversation on both screens, and it will minimize the other computer when you type for privacy.

If you got a message to your droid every time you chatted it would be annoying as hell!

I love that if im using my droid i don't get it in gmail if im using gmail it rings my droid.