Google Talk Apk.General

1. Milliganjc

Milliganjc Member

Please help. I accidently deleted google talk after I rooted my phone and now apps in the market won't get past starting download. I found a gtalk apk. on this forum and tried it out, but after I downloaded using Astro Manager, Google Talk won't work. When I go to open the app, it just flashes and goes back to my home screen. Any ideas on what I could do? I desperately need y'alls help, because my phone is pretty much useless without the market.

Here's what I did. I deleted all data of Google Talk on my phone using Titanium Backup Pro so that I could have a clean start. I downloaded the gtalk apk. zip onto my computer. I then copied it from my computer to a folder in Astro Manager on my phone using the usb cable. There I installed the three apk.s in the order of TalkProvider, gtalkservice, and then Talk. I turned my phone off and then back on and it didn't work. I've tried several times. I also used apk.s off of 4shared.com and xda.com. Where did I go wrong?

Attached Files:

Advertisement
    :
    jackimedang likes this.
  2. Milliganjc

Milliganjc Member

Ok so I downloaded the Root Explorer apk and tried installing Gtalk through there, but it still didn't work. I copied and pasted it in the system/apps folder, that didn't work either. I even changed the permissions to match all the other apps. That didn't work either. I also tried using Super Manager, but that led to no solution as well. Somebody please help me. I have been trying to get Google Talk back on my phone for days now and nobody will help me. I've been through every site I could find on Google and nothing helped. Please, I'm desperate.
  3. thekian52

thekian52 New Member

I have just done the same thing and I am so angry with myself. I cant beleive noone has answered your questions. Please can someone help
  4. BingoRingo

BingoRingo Well-Known Member

Not sure if it is going to work, but try to find a Google apps package and install it through the Recovery menu (if installed, see other threads).
  5. BingoRingo

BingoRingo Well-Known Member

This forum is not as active as it used to be since most users have 2-year contracts and have now upgraded their phone.

That's why you might see a high proportion of Canadians here, we're stuck on 3-year contracts!