• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Talk--Blue Status "Idle" on Android Phone????

jbhumph

Android Enthusiast
Jul 4, 2010
Ok, so Google Talk has different bubble statuses that you can give yourself. Green for available, red for busy, etc....but there's a blue bubble that is displayed.

I read online that this means you have been "Idle" for 10 minutes...but how does this work on the Android phone? If someone is always signed in, why does this bubble pop up?

Not owning the X myself, I'm relagated to guesswork. I did find a link to the pdf for the X User Guide (https://supportforums.motorola.com/...672-15528/MB810_UG_US_EN_VZW_68000202880A.pdf). I tried to open it myself to see if it would answer your question, but I got kinda goofy error when I tried to open it it. Anyhow, skimming through this might shed some light on your color. You could also try the device-specific page to see if any other X-ers have experienced it. FWIW, I'm curious as to the cause, so please post back here if you find something relevant. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones