• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

google talk force close on Moto Droid

rlevine

Dec 9, 2009
i have run into a problem with my Gtalk on my Droid. i sent someone a link (simple www . com format) and it forced close. now every time i open this person's chat it force closes. i ended the chat, cleared history, forced close from APPLICATIONS, i can't seem to clear the contents of the chat and/or stop this force close problem.
any suggestions?

thanks.
-r

I just had this same problem. I tried ending the conversation, stopping Gtalk services, rebooting the phone and deleting the conversation from the desktop. It's cached somewhere on my phone. I'm hoping eventually the conversation will get deleted or the link will be pushed back far enough that the problem will end. It shouldn't be that difficult though. Oh and GTalk can't be uninstalled. I'm not doing a factory reset just to get rid of the problem. That's ridiculous.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones