Google Talk (gchat)Support

Last Updated:

1. gonzoguy24

gonzoguy24 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Nov 11, 2009
    Does gchat constantly run in the background? I never even log in and then randomly BOOM my gf sends me a message...I don't understand it...I swear I even go as far as to "sign out" of the app and then a few days later and after not even signing back into gchat...ding! another message from the it all push notifications? Does this drain my battery? Is there a way to make it stop?

I have checked running services and it is not shown as running...

Wasn't a new push service added with 2.2 (I am running Third Wave 2.2)

EDIT: So Transaction service is running and so is Google messaging service (which I believe is sms/mms)

2. VegasOnAcid

VegasOnAcid Well-Known Member

May 29, 2010
    I seem to have the opposite problem... When I have it running if i open to many other programs it seems to close out and log me out... =(
  3. durkinm424

durkinm424 Member

Dec 15, 2009
    This is a bit off topic, but I searched for google talk, and this was the best forum I found. (It also didn't help that "google" and "talk" are incredibly popular words on this site) I use gChat on my computer when I'm in my apartment because i don't get service. But I still have not quite figured out how to effectively move the chat over to talk once i leave my apartment. Sometimes it switches over, sometimes it doesn't. But I miss messages because of this, so it's a bit frustrating.

Whenever I get a first message of the conversation though, it always comes up on my phone and my computer, and continues on whichever I answer from.