Google Talk gone?Support

Last Updated:

1. potterdood

potterdood Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Today I had a notification, that said I had an im on google talk, so as normal, I clicked it. Nothing happened, and I tried againm, still nothing happened. So I searched my phone and I can't find the app anywhere, has this happened to anyone else?

Advertisement
  2. Todd M

Todd M Well-Known Member

Nope, using mine right now as a matter of fact. No issues with usage at all.

3. potterdood

potterdood Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I can't find it in the market either? My phone is rooted, using the stock underclocked kernel if that matters, but I didn't delete the Talk app.

4. JimRobertRI

JimRobertRI Member

Happens occasionally to me. Several retries and it finally shows up.

5. akim89sp

akim89sp New Member

I have a similar problem which is how I found this thread via google search.

The other day, I was not able to open up Google Talk. I would open up the application and it would go back to the home screen automatically (kind of like the program being minimized on a computer). I reset the app, nothing. Restarted my phone, same issue. I had another issue in which my phone kept giving me a notification that I was low on storage space, which was totally incorrect (storage had 6 free GB and memory was 400mb+). Thinking this was some software bug, I restored factory settings on my phone out of frustration. I thought a clean wipe would speed up lag issues and wipe these error messages. After the wipe, my phone was faster and no more error messages but still couldn't fully access Google Talk. Now it opens the application with only 2-3 contacts (out of 50+). Sign off/on, restart phone does not fix. Can't find app on Android Market to update or reinstall. Still very annoying. Other apps are running as intended (facebook, twitter, aim, et cetera).

Running HTC Incredible stock android 2.1.

Anyone else having issues and know how to fix?