• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help google talk homescreen icon

androy

Android Enthusiast
Apr 20, 2010
in my brain
Is there anyway to have the google talk homescreen icon to show how many messages are received? It shows a little chat bubble in the notification bar but nothing on the icon.

For example, the HTC mail icon has the number of emails received on the icon as well as on the notification bar.

I sometimes find myself looking for what app got the message and its bugging me.

I found this in another post on this subject:

xda member MvP77 recently pulled a couple of Google Voice Widgets from the G2 Leak, inbox widget and settings widget. The inbox widget shows unread count for the whole inbox (including voice mail and text messages). I've been using them for the past week and they work great for me. They take up 3 horizontal spaces each, but it's worth it to me. For the record, I'm on the Virtuous 2.3 Froyo ROM.

Here's the link:
Google voice widget with message count

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones