google talk - nexus 7Support

Last Updated:

1. trutter

trutter New Member

Hopefully this won't be a stupid question...

Gmail works great, got Google Talk shows everything greyed out and says signed out. When I hit the top left icon to sign in, it slickers for a moment but still stays signed out.

Is there another spot I am supposed to "sign in" at?

[[I had somehow turned off google sync since i didnt like it... and google talk requires it. I could not find ANY setting to turn it back on so did a factory reset. If anybody has an idea how to turn this on/off without doing this drastic step, please let me know. The device is too new to yield useful search results)

2. dongemus

dongemus Well-Known Member

In settings you should be able to go to Accounts, then add your google account?
  3. trutter

trutter New Member

Unfortunately, there is no way I can find to get back to the sync settings screen. It is the screen that shows the very first time you start chrome. What I ended up doing was immediately bookmarking the blank "welcome to chrome" home screen.

The Services section is not accessible under the normal Chrome settings menu that I can see. It probably should be.
  4. idic

idic Well-Known Member

Thanks - your suggestion of Chrome put me on the right track.

Go to Chrome settings, and click on your username for your account. Right at the very top is a button that says DISCONNECT GOOGLE ACCOUNT.

Click that, then just sign in again. That fixed it for me.