Google Talk on HTC Sense UIGeneral

Last Updated:

1. AndroiDad75

AndroiDad75 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Everyone,

I think I understand that you need 2 accounts for gmail to get one on the HTC Mail widget. One registered to the phone, which only uses the gmail of the phone. The second allows you to associate it to the widget.

My question is, I figure the google account associated to the phone is the one that has gtalk associated with it. Correct???

Can you log out of that one and use the 2nd account for gtalk as well? Or are you stuck to only using the google account associated to the phone?

The reason I am asking is we use Google Talk at work as our IM service, and would need to use that at times, but also want to be able to turn on my personal one as well.

Thanks,

Rob

Advertisement
  2. AndroiDad75

anyone?????

3. czm2000

czm2000 Well-Known Member

I use it at work and on my Droid right now. I use one account for both my phone and my PC. When someone IM's me it comes to both. The one I start replying from is the one the IM conversation takes place on.

4. AndroiDad75

Do you know if you can use 2 different Google Talk accounts on your droid??? That's the question I have.

Thanks!!!

5. Ruben

Ruben Well-Known Member

Yes, yes you can.

6. kayst

kayst Well-Known Member

Is there a reason I can't just have 1 gmail account and use the gmail app? Is the HTC Mail widget a lot better or something? I already set up my normal email to forward to gmail, so I would get all my email that way. Or is there some advantage to using the HTC widget rather than the gmail one?

7. AndroiDad75

Truthfully I am not sure if it is better than just the gmail app or not. Never used an android device. If anyone could chime in that would be great.

Thanks!!!