Google Talk - questions/concernsGeneral

Last Updated:

1. mryark83

mryark83 Member This Topic's Starter

So I am a big Google Talk user (Gchat) and I see that the program comes preloaded on the Incredible. For one, how come this app is not available in the Marketplace (I wanted to see if there was an update to install)? Also, what is the best way to switch back and forth between chats and other programs? I thought doing this on my old Blackberry was pretty easy but have not discovered an efficient way of doing this. I just have the Google Talk icon on one of my screens that I have to keep clicking on every time I want to go back into chat. I know when you have a new Google Talk message you will get a notification at the top of the screen, but is that all I am going to get? It would be nice if the icon showed something, like changed a different color or had a number next to it indicating a message. Any help/input would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Advertisement
  2. TzuDohNihm

TzuDohNihm Well-Known Member

Nothing much to add to help you out but Google Talk is such a stupid name for this. Gmail is in the lexicon, Gchat ought to be and is easier to say.

Carry on.

3. Asterdroid

Asterdroid Well-Known Member

You might want to use Meebo and disable gchat. That's what I did when I had the Moto Droid for 30 days, and it worked great. Plus you can use it for most of your other chat programs as well.

4. crimton

crimton Well-Known Member

i don't get a notification sound does anyone else?