• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Google Talk won't open

Has anyone else run into this issue? I have been looking around the forums and on Google and there are a couple of solutions regarding clearing cache but that never seems to work. I hit the icon to open the app and it immediately Force Closes. I have to reboot in order to get it working again.

Would really love a fix because it is very annoying.

Has anyone else run into this issue? I have been looking around the forums and on Google and there are a couple of solutions regarding clearing cache but that never seems to work. I hit the icon to open the app and it immediately Force Closes. I have to reboot in order to get it working again.

Would really love a fix because it is very annoying.
I have not had this problem but i just tryed to open it on my phone and it was telling me that it could not connect to server i dont know if thats because i have crap for service here at work or what but if you cant figure it out try to wipe the phone and see if that works.

Upvote 0
i've had this happen--
and i did some tests immediately

i found that it only happened when i attempted to group chat with 3 or more invited people
(me, personA,personB,personC)
PersonC always seemed to create the issue.
i would begin typing my message & it would Force Close.

it would immediately close the program, then FC every time i tried to start it up again.

clearing the cache did fix it--then logged in & closed all active chats.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones