• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

MongolStomp

Android Enthusiast
Jan 3, 2010
Buffalo, NY
I just recently started using google talk because I wanted something quicker than SMS. I made my girlfriend a gmail account so we could use that rather than text, but I can't seem to figure out how to sync the google talk contact to her. I added her gmail account to her contact card but on google talk she's still coming up as a separate contact.

(Make sure all your Google Sync options are selected
Setting > Data Synchronization > Google > Check Gmail & Contact)

Did you both add each other directly to Google Talk? If not, go ahead and add each other. Hopefully Google can automatically sync your information to your Google Talk. If not, try manually Syncing your phone by Unchecking Gmail and Contacts and re checking them. This will manually update for you.

Hope this helps. If not, try emailing Googles tech support. They are usualy good about quick responses.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones