google talkGeneral

Last Updated:

1. crimton

crimton Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

google talk is not notifying me when i get a new message i just look and its there. i have notifications enabled in settings on talk. does the same thing on my wifes incredible. my droid did not have this problem. can anyone else confirm they have the same problem or a solution for it. i much prefer realtime chat over sms texting.

Advertisement
  2. Howie

Howie Well-Known Member

I thought that was happening to me as well, but just passed it off as "I didn't feel the weak vibrate". Guess I wasn't crazy after all.

3. crimton

kinda sucks, i like using googletalk and i don't wanna check it all the time to see if i have a message. who would we call or complain to about this?

4. jfunk

jfunk Well-Known Member

Are you getting an icon up in the notifications bar?

Make sure you check your general notification sounds/volume too.

Edit: just to clarify my notifications do work with gtalk. It vibrates, I hear the tone, and the LED light flashes if it's asleep. I do have another problem with it though, where when I am signed into and using chat in Gmail on a computer, some of the chats randomly show up on my phone too, but unpredictably. Outside of that, it's working fine for me.

5. crimton

i get nothing, no sound, no notification. i get the message but is totally silent. can you confirm yours does this too?

6. jfunk

jfunk Well-Known Member

Yeah my notifications definitely work. All of them.

Menu--->Settings--->Accounts & Sync: Do you have Background data and Auto-sync turned on?

Do you have Gtalk set to auto-login?

7. crimton

i get all notifications, all of them, except gtalk. i installed ebuddy with the gtalk plugin and it works fine. go figure yea all thats turned on.

well gtalk just notified me so maybe i had some setting off that i fixed? anyways it seems to work now. thanks

8. jfunk

jfunk Well-Known Member

You wouldn't happen to have had a gtalk session open on a computer somewhere would you?

When I am logged into gtalk on a computer (and "online") I don't USUALLY get notifications. I'm assuming this is intentional and I like it that way.

I actually am trying to figure out why I SOMETIMES still get the gtalk notifications on my phone even though I am actively chatting on my computer.

9. weizilla

weizilla Active Member

For me, I'd get all of the notifications (vibration, notification bar..) for Google Talk EXCEPT for the LED light. The LED light works for everything else though. Is there some setting just for the LED light?