• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

crimton

Android Expert
Apr 1, 2010
TN
google talk is not notifying me when i get a new message i just look and its there. i have notifications enabled in settings on talk. does the same thing on my wifes incredible. my droid did not have this problem. can anyone else confirm they have the same problem or a solution for it. i much prefer realtime chat over sms texting.

google talk is not notifying me when i get a new message i just look and its there. i have notifications enabled in settings on talk. does the same thing on my wifes incredible. my droid did not have this problem. can anyone else confirm they have the same problem or a solution for it. i much prefer realtime chat over sms texting.

Are you getting an icon up in the notifications bar?

Make sure you check your general notification sounds/volume too.

Edit: just to clarify my notifications do work with gtalk. It vibrates, I hear the tone, and the LED light flashes if it's asleep. I do have another problem with it though, where when I am signed into and using chat in Gmail on a computer, some of the chats randomly show up on my phone too, but unpredictably. Outside of that, it's working fine for me.

Upvote 0
You wouldn't happen to have had a gtalk session open on a computer somewhere would you?

When I am logged into gtalk on a computer (and "online") I don't USUALLY get notifications. I'm assuming this is intentional and I like it that way.

I actually am trying to figure out why I SOMETIMES still get the gtalk notifications on my phone even though I am actively chatting on my computer.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones