• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Google Tasks sync issue with the HTC EVO 4G LTE

b_arra

Lurker
Jun 19, 2010
When syncing google tasks with my LTEVO, I find:
1) When adding a task on my computer, it shows a due date on the phone of one day earlier (task on the computer remains correct).
2) When adding a task on my phone, it shows correctly on the computer.

I assume this has something to do with a time zone issue. The time zones on my phone, computer and within Google show correct (Chicago - Central).

Any help and a solution would be much appreciated... Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Do you think this has anything to do with the phone asking for a time zone?

I wonder if it has anything to do with the "Unable to detect current time zone" message so many have received?

b_arra,

I'm having this same issue too. Ironically, I am also in Chicago. The only difference is that I'm not having any "Unable to detect current time zone" messages. I also looked at my Google.com and Evo's time zone settings without any resolution. For now, I may just use the local tasker or set my Google tasks one extra day out. Please let me know if you find any solutions, I will do the same.

Upvote 0
I have a ticket in with HTC now; questions I had to answer below...

1. Go to settings> date & time> uncheck automatic time. Select, Time Zone> and manually select your time zone. Return to your home screen. Once it displays correctly, go back to settings> date & time> and change it back to automatic. DONE - The time on my clock has always displayed correctly, yet I am still continuously being asked to Select Time Zone. Please see this thread: http://androidforums.com/htc-evo-4g-lte/555762-continuosly-being-asked-select-time-zone.html where many others are experiencing the same issue.

Please let me know if you are still having issues with this.

I would like you to try these tests so we can better isolate the issue you are having syncing Google tasks.
Create a task on your phone, and sync it to your PC.
What is the result? Set it up due today on phone. It now shows correctly on the computer as due today.
Edit this task on your PC.
What is the result? Edited same task to be due tomorrow on PC. It now shows incorrectly on the phone as due today after syncing.
Edit the same task on your phone. What is the result. Edited same task to be due 6/2 on the phone. It now shows incorrectly on the computer as due 6/3 after syncing.

Now, create a task on your PC and sync it to your phone.
What is the result? Set it up due today on computer. It now shows incorrectly on the phone as past due for yesterday.
Edit the task on the PC.
What is the result? Edited same task to be due tomorrow on PC. It shows incorrectly on the phone as due today after syncing.
Now, edit the same task on the phone.
What is the result? Edited same task to be due 6/2 on the phone. It now shows incorrectly on the computer as due 6/3 after syncing.

Reactions: some.devil
Upvote 0
Any new information on this topic?

I've been looking for a solution about this one too but so far nothing new.

My instance though is I am using HTC One S and using the HTC Tasks app that syncs to my Google Task account. Same problem as you guys, the tasks in the app are one day behind the actual date.

I also use Astrid app and that one syncs perfectly fine with my Google Task. I'm really hoping for a solution from HTC about this.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones