GOOGLE/TMob STICKS IT to the existing customers... NEW customers get a deal!!!General

Last Updated:

1. v1rotate

v1rotate Member This Topic's Starter

Dec 12, 2009
    I am a mostly happy Eris user with a bit of Nexus envy mostly due to the processor and screen size. I debated with myself returning the reasonably priced Eris (which I think is a good value-buy) and chancing the wait on VZWs Nexus 1 equivalent. For any of you who are in this boat... Check out the pricing that TMob is nailing it's existing customers with on the phone while they give their new customers a deal!!! Existing customers may have to pay $279 or $379 for the phone depending on their existing data plans!!! It's under the Nexus 1 threads. I believe that VZW has a better history of GOOD customer service, and the "new every two" program might save VZW customers from this kind of BS... But with the uncertainty of the exact time to wait for the phone, and now pricing issues... I think that might tip the scales for me. I might just enjoy the ERIS for 6-12 months and look at the phone scene after the summer. There are a lot of rumor about a new iPhone with a Qualcomm processor that will be sold at Apple that can work with both CDMA or GSM networks with the same handset that is timed for summer-fall 2010. At that time u can put the new Apple up against the N1 with the bugs worked out and make a choice and still have your great network and customer service. Patience sucks. Any thoughts? Would anyone just take back the Eris and chance it? I'll have another eligible upgrade this Spring so I can use that one later.

2. snorge

snorge Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2009
    I'd like to find out if the Nexus one will have Sense on it before making a committment to it on any carrier. I've tried the stock android ui on my Eris and don't like it at all. True 2.0/2.1 is nicer but not as nice as Sense IMO.
  3. Nabraham

Nabraham Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2009
    That is incorrect, the N1 is not running any version of Sense, it is running stock Android 2.1 on it.