• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google University Gmail for Android

Yathushan

Jan 3, 2010
London
Hi all,

When I joined university recently, I recieved login details for my uni email system. It turns out that it used Gmail. However, when I tried to add this account to my phone, it says it does not work. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do.

Thank You

P.S I would prefer to be able to use the Gmail app and the calender sync as I already have a personal account.

There should be instructions if you Google around... I'll follow up if I find something.

Can university students not Google their own email settings? I've lost count of the number of threads like this that I've assisted with and I'm not affiliated with any university.

How exactly have you tried setting it up? Did you just supply your email address and password to the gmail app? It's difficult to assist without details regarding what you've tried, what happens, etc.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones