Google updates

Last Updated:

1. gowcaizer1978

gowcaizer1978 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKOWK2dR4Dg

In this video they talk about some updates for Google as a company and the Ginger bread OS.
    After watching this video, it makes you wonder about just how many more updates the Evo will get.
    Will there be direct updates for the OS and Htc sense?
    Will there be a new version of the Evo " the Evo2 or Evo shift as rumors go"?
    Please share any thoughts or ideas on this subject, I think it makes a great conversation piece.

Advertisement
    s_special likes this.
  2. Vincent Law

Vincent Law Well-Known Member

There will undoubtedly be a second EVO.

Will there be Gingerbread for the EVO? No one knows. HTC has not made any promises to the effect, and even if it did, we won't see it until at least February.

3. s_special

s_special Well-Known Member

interesting video!

4. lordofthereef

lordofthereef Well-Known Member

I will be honest, I am somewhat worried about the same thing. I will say that I think it would be bad business for HTC (and Google) to not have updates for at least the contract life of a phone (from launch). It's a bit much to ask for a 2 year contract to be signed and not not receive any support 6-8 months after purchase. This is purely my opinion of course, but it just seems like it would be bad business practice to me. In some ways they have already gone this route though...