Google Video-Avail for the Wifi Xoom.

Last Updated:

1. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

Saw the update tonight to install Google Video on the 3.1 Wifi only xoom.. but its sitting in the install que teasin' me.. :p

I had forgotten all about the video portion of the market...

what say ye wifi only users?

beefyy likes this.
  2. kuykendallc

kuykendallc Active Member

I was able to install with no problems. The movie section of the market has not shown up yet though.
    marctronixx likes this.
  3. marctronixx

appreciate the update. perhaps the issue has resolved within the time frame of me posting this. i know of some others who experienced this issue also.
  4. beefyy

beefyy Well-Known Member

Mine updatrd as well with no issues. Happy renting
    marctronixx likes this.
  5. MutantCheese

MutantCheese Well-Known Member

I had to click update, then back out and click update again for it to start downloading, but eventually it did install.
    marctronixx likes this.
  6. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

Mine had the Google Video update sitting in the market app waiting for installation this morning. According to it's entry in "My Apps", there was a change in access so it needed approval in order to install. I manually clicked install and it loaded with no apparent issue.
    marctronixx likes this.
  7. Mitchrapp

Mitchrapp Well-Known Member

I opened up the market just now, accepted something and it was there, movie tab and all. Painless.
    marctronixx likes this.
  8. beefyy

beefyy Well-Known Member

do you guys actually plan on renting a lot of movies from the android market? I personally am just waiting for the netflix app, and once I get that I probably won't even think about this feature.
  9. marctronixx

i can assure you i wont. i had forgotten all about this app until i saw it in the update que.

i will rent a couple of flicks to test it and it is good to have in a pinch but i dont see it as being something I personally will use. it would seem this app would get new flicks/just released flicks sooner than netflix but im sure you can get the same videos from amazon's VOD service at the same time...
  10. Mitchrapp

Mitchrapp Well-Known Member

Now and again. I prefer to rent from vudu on my tv or stream my own but on occasion its nice to have.
    marctronixx likes this.
  11. krouget

krouget Well-Known Member

Realistically, while I like the added option, I likely won't rent much if any. I'm just waiting for Netflix, too, as I'm satisfied with that service and prefer to do a few other things, before watching movies, on the tablet.