Google Voice - 406 #General

Last Updated:

1. vaaz86

vaaz86 Member This Topic's Starter

Ok Trying to find info about this.

Recently got a GV invite from a friendly guy here at the Adroid Forums.
    Used it and attached it to my dumb phone(untill tommrow that is :))

I gave the # to my friend to test stuff with. 2 Days ago when he texted me it came in fine. Then yesterday the text came in as 406-xxx-xxxx. Followed by his # followed by the actual message. Then today when he texts me it goes back looking like it was from him to begin with(no 406#)

When i Call the 406# it calls his phone. If i Call the 406 # on a diffrent phone it says it cant be connected.

From what ive been reading on the google voice support forum, is that the 406 # is the google routing number of some sorts. But havnt gotten a clear anwser as to why I saw the google routing # and what is it exaclly, and should i save that # to his contact so i know who is texting/calling me.

Has anyone else experianced this?

Second Question: Besides MMS are thier any other negitives to using Google Voice over your normal number. And Has any one found a workaround besides telling people both #'s, which defeats the purpose to begin with.

Advertisement
  2. liquidicem

liquidicem Active Member

Are you sure he texted your google voice number when you didn't see the 406# come up?

3. vaaz86

vaaz86 Member This Topic's Starter

yes positve