Google Voice access number changed?Support

Last Updated:

1. MarkyD

MarkyD Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Mar 19, 2010
    Strange. As you all who use GV know, it's easy to get free outgoing calls via GV if you have a Friends & Family plan. I had my GV access number, which was a local area code, added to my F&F, but I still used a ton of minutes last month. Could not figure out why...until I took note of the number my phone was using to access GV. It changed to a Kansas City number. Has anyone else seen their GV access number change?

2. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2010
    Yeah, I noticed mine changed about 3 weeks ago. Since I don't use F&F, I didn't really care.
  3. jacobsjg

jacobsjg Active Member

Apr 15, 2010
    Mine changed as well, although I have yet to update my F&F list with the new number. We are using our talk time family plan minutes so much less than I thought we would, I'm thinking of downgrading to the cheapest plan and dumping F&F as we'll never hit our minutes anyways...
  4. Ogmodon

Ogmodon Member

Jul 23, 2010
    Their is an app in the market for android users called GV call free, that will use the data plan to have the service call you back. This means you can add your GV number to your my fav etc and have it be free.

I am not surprised that some one else's product works better than googels. after all googles customer service sucks more than a two dollar whore when the fleet is in town.

And I urge every one to call Kristen and leave a message if she does not answer or speak with her directly. They may not read threads etc although when their mail box has call after call they will take notice. Call once a day at least.

Just contacted Kristen and left a voice mail. Others may want to do so as well.

Kristen Lemons

Customer Service Representative, Google

650.330.0100 - Work

650.618.1499 - Work Fax

1600 Amphitheatre Pkwy
    Mountain View, CA 94043-1351Work - Map

Google - Work